Electrical Appliances


I was using a small battery powered vibrator to provide stimulation to Bill’s lips during oral motor exercises. He wanted to hold it himself, and after a short time it stopped working. I thought he may have switched it off, but when I moved the switch back and forth it was completely dead. I presumed he had broken the switch with his rough handling and placed the vibrator on the counter, as I continued with another activity. During the therapy session with the next child a sudden loud buzzing noise came from the counter where the vibrator had came back to life after recovering from the effect of Bill’s energy (the electromagnetic field had dissipated).